-
November 7th, 2002, 10:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I am thinking of using some Vacation time to shoot some stock footage of New York, for a friend.
Anybody from the Big Apple could advice me on how to find someone to work with me finding and getting to the right locations etc?
-
November 8th, 2002, 02:25 AM
#2
Inactive Member
What do you have in mind?
-
November 8th, 2002, 06:44 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I would want to shoot some skyline glamour shots, Wall Street, Time Square, Broadway, UN ...street scene stuff ...with out spending a lots of $$$ ...or getting mugged. Any ideas?
-
November 9th, 2002, 03:14 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Spending money shouldn't be a problem. I don't know exactly what you mean by that - permits? You don't need 'em. Whenever I shoot, no one bothers me. And there are times when I have tripod, small dolly gear, etc. lying around. New York is a mecca of film and video cameras anyway.
Getting mugged. Simply won't happen. Not in the day.
One thing is the lighting. Those skyscrapers create early, sometimes everlasting shadows. Manhattan is an island of canyons. Especially Wall Street. If you want direct sunlight in your shots you gotta scout in advance (usually) and take note of specific time period that the sun lasts.
What equipment do you have? Is it simple run 'n gun? The more specific you are the more I, and whoever else that lives here, reading this, can help.
-
November 12th, 2002, 10:28 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I was thinking of taking my vintage 35mm Arri 2-A. and sticks. Few filter, changing bag, 10 min. of film ok maybe 20. light meter ...battery....French Flag. Only enough money and time for two cheep days.
-
December 1st, 2002, 01:37 AM
#6
HB Forum Moderator
I'll bump this just in case pineapplefilms sees this.
-
December 2nd, 2002, 06:07 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Just a thought we shoot all over NY that was the first time for me and i was supresed on how clean everthing looked and we had 3 teams each had 2 people we shoot with my super 8 camera , sony dxc30 beta,vx200,and dsr200,and to top that we went in and out of the supway and at 2am some times we shoot at ground zero. nice peole go fegure [img]cool.gif[/img]
-
December 3rd, 2002, 06:54 AM
#8
HB Forum Moderator
That sure is interesting! What was the program that you shot all that footage for? How did you get funding? (if it's a secret, that's cool)
Did you mean the Sony VX-2000 rather than VX-200? (Just want to make sure we identify the camera model numbers accurately) [img]wink.gif[/img]
How was the Super-8 incorporated?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks